Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 7:35AM
Working with "national law enforcement agencies and HM Prison and Probation Service," the UK government announced the launch of a new drone squad to protect prisons against drone intrusions. The drone squad will try to detect approaching drones to trace them back to their operators. Also, captured drones will be examined to identify the owners in order to find out who is trying to smuggle drugs, cellphones and other illegal items into prisons. Recently, smugglers had increasingly used drones to get contraband over prison walls: 33 times in 2015 compared with just two times in 2014 and none in 2013, according to the Press Association.
Read more on Mashable.com
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- Photos show 'weaponized commercial drones' in Iraq
- African airline reports drone collision with Boeing 737-700
- Pentagon worried about drone threats
- ISIS increasingly modifying drones to drop bombs
- North Korea May Be Developing a Dirty Bomb Drone
- Islamic State uses drone with explosives to kill troops in Iraq
- Two near-crashes between airplanes and drones
- Unidentified drones spotted above Nordic military exercise